Partner with DXC Medical Recruitment to Find GP Jobs in Newcastle
If you are involved with a medical centre in desperate need of high-quality general practitioners, there’s no better company to turn to than DXC Medical Recruitment for GP jobs in Newcastle. First, learn a few GP job facts that you may not know, then get our top tips on recruitment.
Things You Can Learn from GP Recruitment in Newcastle
Here are just a few things you can learn from a dedicated medical recruitment agency.
- Whether you can hire a GP from overseas: While Australia has plenty of highly-skilled overseas-trained doctors (OTDs) from abroad in its medical centres, it’s essential to remember that new overseas GPs must work in a District of Workforce Shortage (DWS) for at least ten years before relocating to a non-DWS location. With the vast majority of Newcastle being designated as non-DWS, our focus is on attracting unrestricted GPs to relocate to the city.
- How to find GPs who possess the skillset you require: In Australia, there are two primary types of GP: vocationally registered (VR) and non-vocationally registered. Non-VR GPs are highly trained and skilled, but they may be more limited regarding the work that they can perform. If your practice is in a MMM2 location (regardless of DWS status) then a highly skilled non-VR GP may provide your practice with an excellent workforce solution, in the absence of a VR GP. Our team fully understand the new More Doctors For Rural Australia (MDRAP) program and can guide you through the options of including this stream of GPs to your workforce plan.
- How to streamline the on boarding process: Sometimes, orientating a new GP (especially non VR GP) up to speed can be challenging, but we can help simplify the procedure. We understand you work in an environment that can be highly stressful, which is why we remain by your side even after finding the most suitable candidate for your vacancy.
The Best Advice You Can Hear Regarding GP Recruitment in Newcastle
Keep these tips in mind when searching for recruits.
- Make sure you hire a GP who fits your work environment: You might find a GP with decades of experience and a proven track record of success, but that doesn’t mean that they are a perfect match for your medical centre. You need to consider the culture within your workplace when searching for suitable candidates to ensure that they’ll bolster the reputation of your business.
- Work with high-quality recruiters who search for candidates beyond job boards: Sometimes, the most suitable GP for your medical centre may not be registered on LinkedIn or have a CV anywhere online, which is why working with our team can be highly beneficial. Thanks to our wealth of experience, we know how to track down the best professionals to fill your vacancy. Over 40% of our GP placements come via referrals, which demonstrates the quality of our service and our ability to help you find the perfect GP for your medical centre.
Why Clients Should Use DXC Medical Recruitment
Over the past 15 years, we’ve learned enough about the industry to establish one of the most highly-respected medical recruitment agencies in Newcastle and throughout Australia, bringing simplicity and reliability to all our services.
With offices in Sydney, Wollongong and Brisbane we are well-placed to meet with all our East Coast clients and candidates to ensure we fully understand their requirements.
If you’d like to find out how we can help you, whether you’re a medical centre or a professional searching for a GP job in Newcastle, don’t hesitate to call us.